# Research Papers
Apache IoTDB starts at Tsinghua University, School of Software. IoTDB is a database for managing large amount of time series data with columnar storage, data encoding, pre-computation, and index techniques. It has SQL-like interface to write millions of data points per second per node and is optimized to get query results in few seconds over trillions of data points. It can also be easily integrated with Apache Hadoop MapReduce and Apache Spark for analytics.
The research papers related are as follows:
- Apache IoTDB: time-series database for internet of things (opens new window), Chen Wang, Xiangdong Huang, Jialin Qiao, Tian Jiang, Lei Rui, Jinrui Zhang, Rong Kang, Julian Feinauer, Kevin A. McGrail, Peng Wang, Jun Yuan, Jianmin Wang, Jiaguang Sun. VLDB 2020
- PISA: An Index for Aggregating Big Time Series Data (opens new window), Xiangdong Huang and Jianmin Wang and Raymond K. Wong and Jinrui Zhang and Chen Wang. CIKM 2016.
- Matching Consecutive Subpatterns over Streaming Time Series (opens new window), Rong Kang and Chen Wang and Peng Wang and Yuting Ding and Jianmin Wang. APWeb/WAIM 2018.
- KV-match: A Subsequence Matching Approach Supporting Normalization and Time Warping (opens new window), Jiaye Wu and Peng Wang and Chen Wang and Wei Wang and Jianmin Wang. ICDE 2019.
- The Design of Apache IoTDB distributed framework (opens new window), Tianan Li, Jianmin Wang, Xiangdong Huang, Yi Xu, Dongfang Mao, Jun Yuan. NDBC 2019
- Dual-PISA: An index for aggregation operations on time series data (opens new window), Jialin Qiao, Xiangdong Huang, Jianmin Wang, Raymond K Wong. IS 2020
# Benchmark tools
We also developed Benchmark tools for time series databases
Found Error, Edit this page on GitHub (opens new window)
Copyright © 2022 The Apache Software Foundation.
Apache and the Apache feather logo are trademarks of The Apache Software Foundation
Have a question? Connect with us on QQ, WeChat, or Slack. Join the community now.
We use Google Analytics to collect anonymous, aggregated usage information.